Car Buyers Guide - Document
Ask for the original RC & invoice.
- Verify the no of previous owners & status of hypothecation from the RTO.
- Always take the payment receipt from the sellers.
- Take commitments that R.C will be transferred in your name.
- If there is "no-claim-bonus" is not there in the insurance, check for the claim details.
- If the vehicle is registered in another state ask for the no objection certificate from the previous RTO. In that case you have to pay fresh road tax at the time of transferring in your name.
- The engine number, chassis number & the color, etc mentioning in the RC should match with the vehicle.
- If CNG or LPG is fitted it should be endorsed in the RC.